First Experiences in Choral Singing Ensemble (FECS) is open to graduates of the two-level First Experiences in Singing program, as well as auditioning children new to LACC.
Sometimes children are not quite ready for one of LACC’s upper-level ensembles. First Experiences in Choral Singing (FECS) Ensemble helps children develop their skills in preparation for Preparatory Choir. For the 2022|23 Season, FECS will rehearse Wednesday afternoons at Pasadena Presbyterian Church.
Through the FECS curriculum and repertoire, children
- Develop the upper range of the treble voice
- Are introduced to acute listening skills
- Create an awareness of musical phrasing
- Learn to read from an octavo, and
- Continue to experience the joy of singing
Lissie Quishenberry, conductor