For more than 35 years, GRAMMY Award-winning Los Angeles Children’s Chorus has been one of the country’s leading nonprofit youth choral music organizations. Each year, our transformative music education and performance programs train, nurture, and empower more than 400 choristers, ages 6 – 18, preparing these young people for success on the concert stage, in the classroom, and in life.
With earned revenues from tuition and ticket sales accounting for less than 60 percent of our operating budget, we count on the generous philanthropic support of individuals, corporations, foundations, and governmental agencies.
Your fully tax-deductible gift today will enable LACC to inspire and change the lives of young people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds through music.
Making a fully tax-deductible contribution to LACC is easy. You can click the button below to give online or click here to learn more about the different ways you can support LACC’s mission and work.
- GRAMMY Award-winning Los Angeles Children’s Chorus is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit music education and performing arts organization that was founded in 1986. Our Tax ID number is 95-4431730.
- Each season, LACC trains more than 400 choristers, ages 6–18, through its 7 choruses and First Experiences in Singing and First Experiences in Choral Singing programs.
- LACC presents and/or is presented in more than 50 public performances that reach 80,000+ concert attendees each season.
- Choristers come to LACC from 150+ K-12 schools in over 80 zip codes across the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area.
- 25% of choristers receive scholarship support to participate in LACC programs; more than $150,000 in financial aid is awarded annually.
- The efficacy of LACC’s programs in preparing our young people for success in the classroom is evidenced by alumni annually gaining admission to the finest music schools and universities in the country, including New England Conservatory of Music, The Juilliard School, Harvard University, Yale University, Stanford University, Princeton University, Columbia University, Cornell University, University of Pennsylvania, Brown University, Duke University, and the University of California, Los Angeles, among many others.
- LACC frequently serves as a cultural ambassador for Los Angeles and the State of California on national and international tours that have taken choristers around the country and across the world to 20+ countries on 6 continents.
- LACC’s annual operating budget ranges from $1.7 million – $2.5 million, depending on the scope of touring activities.